no time.....

Like the present....to get over this crap. 2009 wasn't a stellar year for me. I gained quite a bit of weight. it's amazing how fast I can pack on pounds. Seriously. It's unbelievable to me how fast. So, here I am saying publicly that this is over. I'm taking back control starting now. I've done it before and it's a fight but I'm worth it and the good thing is I don't have nearly as much weight to lose this time. I'm so disappointed in myself I could cry and throw things while pulling out my hair. But that would do me no good so I'll just be tenacious and stop offering myself lame excuses. I gained weight, it's not acceptable and it ends here.

I hate New Year resolutions, but this year I have one. I'm taking the weight back off come hell or high water! I had all this resolves to do better and then my alarm didn't go off this morning or it did and I slept like a log right through it just like the rest of my family! UGH! I woke up to my neighbor knocking on my front door to pick up my oldest daughter for school. I act as alarm clock for everyone in my house because No ONE gets up to an alarm!!! UGH!!!! How can I have 6 kids who sleep like logs through blaring and music and lights and whatever else device that was meant to awaken them??? I can't sleep through an alarm! I don't want to join the ranks!!! The frustration on that point is beyond what I can describe in words!
So this picture will serve as my before. I hate it and didn't want to post it because I don't like what I see in it (well, except for my adorable little C-jee Bee-gee!) Me, not so much. So I've posted it because I know it will make me look good in a few months...I can reflect back and think..wow. I've come a long way! But the proof is in the pudding (or lack of it, in this case)
2010 is a year about taking back my control and getting it together! I can do it..I've done it before and I'll do it again! Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it!

Comments

Heidi said…
You are strong and I am excited we are in this together! Love you!!! You can do it, I know I've seen you do it before ;)
Melony said…
Thanks Heidi! Wow - my banner is jacked...I need to fix that!
i'm erin. said…
OH you can do it! I know it. I'm already so inspired by you and your awesome stories. I can't wait to see what this year will bring for you.
Shannon said…
Stick with it Melony. If you can raise six girls, you can do this. I really admire you!
Stacey said…
Melony! You and me both babe! I was doing so well after my Becca was born, then from last Christmas to now I have been getting more and more depressed with my weight and the way I look.

The biggest issue for me with that is when I get depressed it makes me want to just sit and eat cookies...yeah. And that just exacerbates the problem.

What do you do to get the weight off? I need pointers. I am not sure what I am going to do this time other than try and be more careful with what I eat and work out more. Still haven't decided if I should invest in any supplements like alli or food plans like nutrisystem...
IamDerby said…
You can do it Melony! I too need to take off some weight, I have the going to the gym thing down fine... I need to stop eating every minute of the day! Best of luck with your resolution!