Past memories

When I was 3 or 4 I had a necklace. It was a little girl on a swing and I still remember how much I loved it. I wore it all the time. It is one of the few things that I still have now as a 34 year old woman. Today was "N" day at preschool for the twins. Jillian took her Zhu Zhu hamster, whose name just happens to be Num Nums. We couldn't figure out what to have Becca take. Celia appeared with my necklace in her hand and it made my heart smile. :) Becca was thrilled to wear it and I thought it fitting that the kid, who looks most like me out of all of this brood, is wearing my cherished treasure to preschool at least 30 years later. It represents happy memories for me. I don't remember how or why I got it or anything like that but it was important to me. I love nostalgia!
If you look closely at the photo below, that I think I'm three in, I'm wearing a necklace which I believe is the little girl on the swing! And also, the dress that I'm wearing my Mom made for me and it was my favorite!!! It was baby blue velvet and if memory serves it was floor length. The seventies rocked! And look at my gorgeous Mom! :) Too fun!

Comments

Heidi said…
I was a little jealous of the necklace, but happy with how much you loved it! Loved the blue dress on you too...really brought out your eyes.
Loved the dress and yes the necklace was always a favorite of yours! You got it because Avon had a sale and I had to buy something. I thought it minded me of you in some way and I was so happy that you loved it. You really wanted to wear it everywhere.
To let you know how much you loved it I stored it for years till you got old enough to hold on to it for your little girl!
Good memories!