1,2,3....

You've got to be KIDDING me! In my trip down memory lane a few days ago via Picassa I found many old photos, but this one, well, this one never ceases to amaze me. I will never forget the moment the ultrasound technique counted three babies as I lay on the table thinking I had miscarried the ONE we had been trying for. Getting pregnant with triplets spontaneously isn't an every day occurence and it blew me away. I was 2 months shy of 29 years old and would be the mother of SEVEN! WOW. Then as she viewed and measured each baby only two had heartbeats. I was relieved. Does that make me evil in some way? I know there are woman all over the world who long to have babies so I felt guilt about it, but I do think the Lord only gives us what we can handle and as capable as I like to believe I am, I wasn't up for THAT particular challenge. The take-away for me here is...Miracles happen every day, every minute and if we never stop to think...WOW, that happened, we cannot stand in awe of life and its unstoppable nature. Even if I only nourished and carried three babies for 8 or 9 weeks it is still an amazing thing and I stand in awe of it. It's a good reminder to me that I can do things I might not believe I can...sometimes I do it without even knowing it and then later I look back and breathe a sigh and know that I am a lot more than I think I am. Just because I don't see every wonderful thing in my life, doesn't mean it isn't there. It's a good thing we have hindsight. I find I am most able to be grateful when I am looking back and thinking about what is, what could've been and what will be and knowing the possibilities that are in front of me. Everything happens for a reason and I am so blessed for all that has been given, and even taken away in my life because I have grown through it all.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Nikki said…
I don't know why I totally forgot you had triplets too before they turned to twins. I never got an ultrasound pic of mine though. But it's a memory that I will never forget. :)