Imagine!

I was in the bathroom this morning getting ready for church and Becca had put a towel in between her little legs and said, "Look, Mommy! I'm riding a horse!" At the time I was annoyed and told her to quit messing around. Later as I sat reflecting I thought about what an amazing thing her imagination is. She is always dreaming up something amazing from a simple thing. After the "horse" conversation she had a headband down around her chin and said, "I have a lovely beard!" He he he :D How can I not stop and giggle a little at the wonder of what she dreams up. To her everything is open to interpretation. I love that! I remember a time(vaguely;) when I used to imagine a lot of things! Children are some of the Lord's greatest gifts because their view of things is not jaded by life experience and/or other peoples opinions. To them everything is a new adventure and around every corner may be a wonderful thing! As a 34-year old woman I very often take things way too seriously. But from now on, instead of getting irritated with my beautiful little Becca, I'm going to try to embrace her adorableness and see if I can view life the way she sees it, if only for a few minutes! Thanks Becca for making me remember and making me giggle again!

Comments

Heidi said…
Love, love, love the picture!
Love giggles! You just never get enough!!!
Rebecca of course is just precious and she is growing up so fast!!